United Ways of California invites you to…
A Portrait of California: Health, Education, and Income in an Age of Austerity
Tuesday, May 17, 2011
11:30 – 1:30 (lunch served)
There is no cost to attend the lunch event and you may RSVP here.
This first-ever California Human Development Report will provide important information on how Californians are doing in the areas of Health, Education and Income using American Human Development Index rankings.
The report’s data are derived using official government data. Results will be broken down by the state’s 233 Census Bureau-defined neighborhood and county groups, major racial and ethnic groups, the most populous metro areas by race/ethnicity, and an index by nativity (native and foreign-born).
- Peter Manzo, President and CEO, United Ways of California
- Co-directors of the American Human Development Project, Sarah Burd-Sharps and Kristen Lewis
- Dan Weintraub, Editor, HealthyCal.org
- Michael Genest, Capitol Matrix Consulting, former Director, California Department of Finance
- Jean Ross, California Budget Project (invited)
For more information and to RSVP for the event visit: http://webarchive.ssrc.org/newsletters/ahdp/ahdp-sac.html
United Ways of California joins other organizations in funding this project, including: California Community Foundation, The California Endowment, Mr. and Mrs. William Draper III, Conrad N. Hilton Foundation, The Lincy Foundation, The San Francisco Foundation, and the Weingart Foundation.
We look forward to seeing you there on May 17.
President & CEO
United Ways of California