The upcoming LA Health Collaborative meeting will take place on
Wednesday, July 28 from 1:00-4:00 pm at the Los Angeles Area Chamber of Commerce located at 350 S. Bixel Avenue in downtown Los Angeles. Please note the change in date and location.
We have an updated agenda, with featured speakers including:
- Alan Weil, Executive Director, National Academy for State Health Policy on preparing the L.A. County health care safety net for federal health reform
- Peter Harbage, President, Harbage Consulting on local viewpoints regarding federal health reform implementation
- Sandra Shewry, Advisor, Health Care Reform and Katie Marcellus, Assistant Secretary, California Health and Human Services Agency on the State’s health reform efforts and the Medi-Cal 1115 waiver renewal
- David Panush, Advisor to the President Pro Tempore, California State Senate and Sumi Sousa, Special Assistant to the Speaker, California State Assembly (tentative) on a legislative perspective regarding federal health reform and the Medi-Cal 1115 waiver
- Sheila Shima, Deputy CEO, Health and Mental Health providing the L.A. County Department of Health Services budget outlook
Please RSVP by e-mail or by phone at (213) 346-3240. Many thanks to the Chamber for hosting this meeting. We anticipate a lively discussion and hope that you will be able to join us.