Multi-Ethnic Network for Training, Outreach & Resources for Seniors funded through the Older Americans Act administered by the Los Angeles County Department of Community and Senior Services, Area Agency on Aging
How to Identify and Prevent Elder Abuse & Neglect: Protecting Older Adults in Ethnic Communities
Who should attend this workshop?
This workshop is for L.A. County AAA Senior Service Providers who want to improve their agency’s ability to serve culturally & ethnically diverse clients.
Our community experts will address:
- How do ethnic communities define elder abuse differently?
- How has the face of elder abuse & neglect changed in L.A.?
- How have the City and County responded?
- How can service providers protect older adults against identity theft?
- Should non-conventional forms of mistreatment, such as labor exploitation, be considered a type of elder abuse?
- What are some strategies used in scams to target seniors?
- Dr. Ailee Moon, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Social Welfare, UCLA School of Public Affairs
- Robin Weinstein, Senior Hearing Officer, Elders at Risk Task Force, Office of the City Attorney
- Linda J. Williams, Community Outreach Manager, Consumer Action
- Speakers from Los Angeles County Adult Protective Services
Date: Wednesday, March 24, 2010
Time: Check-in begins at 8:30 AM Program from 9:00 AM to 12:30 PM, A healthy breakfast will be provided.
Place: Young Nak Celebration Church – Education Building 1721 North Broadway, Los Angeles, CA 90031
Parking Lot #4 on Ave 19 between Broadway & Pasadena Ave.
RSVP: Contact Veronica Garcia-Macias at (213) 625-3004 or
vgarcia@LTSC.org. No cost to register. Please register by Monday, March 22, 2010.